The scientific activity of Pawel Fritzkowski fits in with the general framework of fundamental research that has been conducted for years by the Division of Technical Mechanics, Institute of Applied Mechanics. One can highlight the three basic areas:
- mathematical modelling of mechanical systems,
- computer simulation and analysis of physical phenomena,
- application and development of modern computational methods in mechanics.
The studies performed by Pawel Fritzkowski have mainly been related to the following problems:
- modelling of flexible systems, as ropes and chains, and numerical simulation and analysis of their motion,
- nonlinear dynamics of multibody systems,
- modelling and analysis of the systems made of auxetic materials,
- meshless methods in fluid mechanics.